Tuesday, November 13, 2007

If I Were A Book

No this isn't one of those essays we wrote in school, it is in fact the name of a site which allows you to write or upload a novel or short story you have written. If a publisher likes it enough, your book might just get recognised.

Yes I know I haven't updated my blog. Yes I know it has been very very long since I last updated the blog, but I lead a very mundane life nothing interesting to post and yeah I've also been busy and lazy.

Alright so here goes. 1 month and 8 days left for my wedding. I've been waiting for the 'wedding day' every since I started reading fairy stories with 'happily ever after' endings. I had it all planned out in my head, the details would change over time as and when I came across different scenarios, each more romantic and fantastic than the previous one. Now my real-life wedding is fast approaching and I have realized that the focus is no longer on the big day, it's actually on the rest of my life, a life I will be sharing with a man I love deeply, and his family - a family which, after the exchange of vows, will become a new but important part of my already existing family. It's all so different from what I used to imagine a wedding or a marriage was all about. It's nice, it's a little daunting, because this is something new, but it is nice.

And yes of course I am excited about the wedding day. Which girl wouldn't be. I get a beautiful gown, new shoes, new clothes. I get makeup put on for me by someone who actually knows how to go about doing it. My hair will be done up well and hopefully, won't, by the end of the evening, be the mess I normally find it in. I'll have all the people I love and care about with me on the big day, what more could I ask for?

I am so excited that all my cousins are going to be here. It would have been awesome if certain 2nd cousins could also be here, but one is getting married and the others are not in the country :( I'm gonna miss you guys.

So that's it for now. I have exams starting on Monday and I really must start studying!

6 comments:

Zak said...

wow! for a moment i thought you were completely high while doing this post !
it just didnt sound like the tina I know !

dont worry gurl ! God will bless u with all that u want in life !btw jaison always looked like an overgrown kid to us :p ..so u shud actually be saying "the kid I love deeply " :p

i am deeply touched by the second last para! i wish i can be everywhere :-)

littlemuch said...

hahaha you are right actually, overgrown kid he can be sometimes :D

i get pseudo-philosophical sometimes, its known to happen

Karen Xavier said...

wow tina .... this was heart warming. So different from what I was feeling before the wedding. I kept telling mom, "I don't even know the guy... don't be surprised if it doesn't work out".
It all makes me laugh now... Tonio is a blessing from above.
Enjoy this last month before you get hitched, and I know you are going to have a great life together cause HE usually likes kids the best, overgrown or otherwise ;)

wildeyes said...

sajeeve anna, when u say god will bless u and all, it seems like you are high

tina, i'm disappointed :( i thought u'd say something about how happy n honoured u are that sheena n me are two of ur bridesmaids. wheres the bachelorette party gonna be?

kavideyyy, i wonder what tonio will say when he reads this :D

littlemuch said...

ok ill add this to the comment page. so far megs has been the perfect bridesmaid :)

wildeyes said...

aaaaawwwwwwwww, thank u candice tina amrtina...even though i had to drag it out of u :D